WHO NEEDS TO TRY OUT?
1. All new girls to the program who wish to play more than 3 holes.
Try outs we will help us know what group to put them in
2. All returning girls wishing to advance to play more holes than last year on Tuesdays
See schedule for dates and times of tryouts All girls new to golf will automatically be placed in the 3 hole players
category and DO NOT need to attend try outs.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER FOR THIS, JUST SHOW UP.
YOU ONLY NEED TO ATTEND ONE OF THE TRYOUT DAYS, NOT BOTH
You will try out in the order you check in with Coach Gale.
Guidelines used in placing your child in the appropriate tee time and practice group To play 6 holes from 200 yards:
1. Able to advance the ball off the tee 2 out of 3 times with a wood
2. Able to get the ball airborne from the ground 2 out of 3 times with an iron
3. Able to carry or push cart their own bag for 6 holes
4. Knows and shows, when applicable, “ready golf” rule
5. Knows and shows, “continuous putting” rule
If all criteria are not met, coaches may elect to place your child in 6 hole group but from a shorter distance
To play 9 holes from the front tee markers:
1. Able to drive the ball 100 yards 2 out of 3 times
2. Able to score 65 or better
3. Able to keep pace and play 9 holes in 2 hours (8-10 minutes for par 3, 12-14 minutes
for par 4, 16-18 minutes for par 5)
4. Able to get the ball airborne from the ground 4 out of 6 times with an iron
5. Knows and shows, when applicable, “ready golf” rule
6. Knows and shows, “continuous putting” rule
7. Able to carry or push cart own bag without help.
ALL 6 and 9 hole players must be able to demonstrate course etiquette such as:
• Repair divots
• Raking sand bunkers
• Where to place equipment
• When not to talk
• Where to walk on putting green
• Repairing ball marks
• Where to stand while others swing